Cremation is a method of disposition by which flame reduces our body down to its most basic elements. All that remains at the end are bone fragments that are then reduced down into ashes. This is the most common form of final disposition chosen by Washingtonians.
Our direct cremation packages include an alternative container in place of a casket. Alternative containers encase the body before cremation and can be made of materials like fiberboard or composite materials. The alternative containers we provide have a shallow fiberboard bottom and deeper cardboard top.
Our direct cremation packages also include a simple, black plastic urn to hold the cremated remains after cremation takes place. This gives you the opportunity to take your time to find something really special, or to opt out of choosing something else altogether. Many people who choose to scatter ashes will do the latter. Should you desire a more personalized urn, you may see options in our webstore.
$995 PMA Pricing $1170 Standard Pricing
Otherwise known as PMA’s Plan 1 or Simple Cremation. This plan includes an alternative container and standard black, plastic urn. No viewing or additional services included.
Cremation with ID Viewing
$1292 PMA Pricing $1520 Standard Pricing
Otherwise known as PMA’s Plan 2. Same as a direct cremation with the addition of a private viewing at our care facility in Kent, WA for up to 1 hour. This is not a viewing open to the public, but rather a simple viewing with minimal preparation of the decedent for the next-of-kin. Your loved with their head on a pillow and blanket around them one. This does not include embalming or dressing, but those are optional items that can be added if you choose.
Included in these plans:
- Pick-up and transportation of the deceased member at any hour of the day or night within 30 miles of funeral home;
- Sheltering of remains and refrigeration;
- Cremation of remains in an alternative container;
- Conference with survivors for arrangements;
- Procurement and filing of death certificate;
- Basic plastic urn; and,
- Notification of Social Security Administration.
Not included in these plans:
- Sales tax;
- $70 King County Medical Examiner tax;
- Transportation outside the 30-mile service area;
- Ferry or bridge tolls;
- Newspaper obituaries;
- Flowers, honoraria for clergy, celebrant, or musicians;
- Certified copies of death certificate (funeral home will file the original and assist with ordering certified copies at cost); or,
- Other cash advance items.
General Price List Download Effective July 1, 2023
The Co-op Funeral Home of People's Memorial offsets the carbon produced from all of our cremations by investing in wind and solar energy through the Bonneville Environmental Foundation, a Northwest nonprofit.
In addition, we plant a tree in honor of each family we serve through Pacific Northwest reforestation nonprofits.