The Co-op Funeral Home of People's Memorial is proud to be one of the first Seattle funeral homes to offer aquamation as an eco-friendly and greener option to our members and community.
Aquamation is a gentle process that uses water, temperature, pressure, and alkalinity to reduce the body to bones which are then processed into "ashes" and returned to the family in an urn. Cremation does the same reduction using flame.
Unlike cremation, there are no emissions with aquamation. It uses about 1/8th the energy. If cremation were a diesel truck, aquamation is a Prius.
Aquamation is known by several names including alkaline hydrolysis, bio cremation, water cremation, and resomation.
We have just legalized this option in Washington State and it will be available locally in the near future. We can provide this service now by working with a company in Portland, Oregon.
Aquamation is currently available for our pets in Washington State. Our friends at Resting Waters, a pet funeral home in West Seattle, use this method and helped us legalize it here.
Member Price $1,595 Non-Member Price $1,825
Included in This Plan:
- Pick-up and transportation of the deceased at any hour of the day or night within 30 miles of funeral home
- Sheltering and refrigeration of remains
- Conference with survivors for arrangements
- Procurement and filing death certificate
- Notification of social security
- Transportation of the body to the Aquamation facility in Portland, Oregon and returning the urn to the family from our office on Queen Anne in Seattle.
NOT included in this plan:
- Sales tax
- $70 King County Medical Examiner tax
- Certified copies of death certificate (funeral home will file the original and assist with ordering certified copies at cost)
- Ferry or bridge tolls
- Newspaper obituaries
- Honoraria for clergy, celebrant or musicians
- Other cash advance items
Additional goods and services, including a selection of caskets and urns may be purchased at a 15% discount from our General Price List.
Member prices are in effect until June 30, 2021.